News and updates about Australian slaughterhouses / abattoirs
'Horrific, but legal': Undercover footage from abattoir shows animals being mistreated as they are pushed into gas chambers - as calls grow to put whistleblowers behind bars
This article relates to the following facility: Picton Meatworx (Wollondilly Abattoir) (Aussie Abattoirs)
- Footage shows pigs and goats being put inside carbon dioxide gas chambers
- It also appears to show workers twist cows' tails to force them to walk
- The video was recorded by a university student on placement at the facility
- The NSW Govt introduced fines of up to $220,000 for those who trespass farms
- The state government are now also seeking to add jail terms of up to three years
Undercover footage has been released from a Sydney slaughterhouse amid a NSW and Federal Government push to put activist whistleblowers behind bars.
The new footage was taken on a hidden body-camera by a university student on placement at a Sydney abattoir.
Animal rights groups Aussie Farms and Animals Within released the graphic 25-minute video, showing pigs and goats being forced into carbon dioxide gas chambers.
It also shows a pig being shot at least eight times, and workers appearing to twist cows' tails to force them to walk into a knockbox...